CivicMakers is an innovation and engagement firm headquartered in San Francisco, California. We love listening, solving problems and building relationships that improve our communities and institutions. Our service design, community engagement and digital expertise brings the human side of technology to public agencies, social enterprises and nonprofits. You can find us at City Hall, the local co-working space or one of the trainings and events we regularly host with our community.
- Humans are part of nature
- All humans share the same needs for food, water, shelter, love, community
- All humans experience suffering when basic needs are not met
- All humans have the potential to learn, love and create
- Humans are unique in our ability to ask questions, use tools to solve problems, and work together in diverse groups
- Humanity requires the cooperation and active participation of people in their communities to survive
- We prioritize inclusion and equity
- We listen actively and with empathy
- We learn by doing
- We are collaborative
- We are transparent
- We are hopeful
The CivicMakers Team
Cristelle is a community engagement specialist, post-it note enthusiast, and civic impact design nerd working to make government more effective, efficient, and equitable. She has 10+ years experience blending project management, community outreach, and collaborative problem solving across sectors.
Featured Client Case Studies
The Startup in Residence Program connects government agencies with innovative startups to develop technology products that address civic challenges.
Code for America is a San Francisco-based nonprofit working to make government services simple, effective and easy to use.
Neighborland is a civic technology company whose communications platform empowers organizations to collaborate with their stakeholders in an accessible, participatory, and equitable way.