You’re invited to join Startup-in-Residence during a special training for government departments on product development. The Startup-in-Residence program is a ground-breaking sixteen-week collaboration between the private sector and city departments to explore innovative solutions to civic challenges that can lower costs, increase revenue, enhance productivity and better engage citizens. The 2016 cohort includes 14 companies working across San Francisco, Oakland, San Leandro and West Sacramento. STIR is a program of San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Civic Innovation and Department of Technology.
This training will be an in-person and online webinar. Participants are welcome to join in real time to interact with the facilitators and get questions answered, or watch the recorded webinar at their convenience.
Please RSVP if you plan to access the content and a link will be sent to all attendees the morning of the training.
Below are our facilitators and Learning Objectives.
Understand lean approaches
Apply process of continuous learning
Develop metrics for success and impact
Web accessibility and 508 Compliance Standards
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT 101
- Michael Solomon – SF Mayor’s Office of Housing & Community Development
- Ashley Meyers – Product Manager, City and County of San Francisco
- Tiffany Andrews – Front End Developer/Product Manager, Code for America
- Cindy Conway – IS Engineer, SF Department of Technology
- Matt Hill – Designer + Developer, SF Department of Technology
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EXERCISE
- Roadmap planning
- Feature prioritization