Public Impact Design
Human-centered problem solving for public practitioners
Our signature half-day training provides an introduction to Public Impact Design, a methodology we developed which blends human-centered design with systems thinking and reflective practice – three powerful, collaborative frameworks for problem-solving and creating change within systems, organizations, and individuals.
In this hands-on training, participants have the opportunity to learn how to use the following tools to move the needle on their own real-world challenges:
- Human-centered design to (re)design services, programs, and policies with those who will be impacted
- Empathic listening and effective interviewing techniques
- Systems thinking for designing solutions within complex systems
- Sketching and prototyping designs and iterating based on real-time feedback
- Reflective practice as a means of self-evaluation and continuous learning
Read more about the framework here.
Applied Public Impact Design
In addition to custom trainings for departments and organizations, we offer a series of Applied Public Impact Design trainings in the following categories:
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Community Engagement