Civic Mornings – Speed Consulting for the Social Sector
October 5 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 amFree
Civic Mornings: Speed Consulting for the Social Sector!
Get Your Toughest Nonprofit Questions Answered for Free
Join us for special Civic Mornings focussed on helping nonprofits improve the design and delivery of public services. All the breakfast and networking you love, plus speed consulting for the advice you need!
Do you need some expert advice on a tough challenge or important opportunity for your nonprofit? Get your questions answered by social sector leaders in one-on-one, 15-minute sessions about accounting, advocacy, finance, fundraising, HR, leadership, marketing, PR, and more. Some of these folks would charge $400 an hour, but you’ll get to bend their ear for free. There is no agenda other than the questions you bring to the table.
Our list of speed consulting experts includes:
- Public Relations & Media – Brian Purchia, CEO of Riff City Strategies
- Salesforce & CRM – Jesse Martinez, Founder of CareerForce
- HR/Recruiting – Sarah Noyes, Recruiter at Protege Talent
- Behavior – Richard Mathera, Product designer at Common Cents Lab
- Leadership – Sue Steinfield of Sue Steinfield Coaching
- Governance – Gina Guillemette, Director of Consulting Services at Center for Volunteer & Nonprofit Leadership (CVNL)
- Accounting/Finances – Stephen Rye Switzer, Founder of Rye Financial
- Scaling – Serena Sonderegger, Consultant at Spring Impact
- Everything – Mary O’Mara, Executive Director at MarinLink
- Earned Income / Business Practices – Rani Langer-Croager, Founder of Uptima Business Bootcamp
Note: You must be present to sign up for a time-slot (and they will fill up). Between sessions, mingle with your peers and fellow changemakers, and exchange ideas and inspiration across sectors and silos.
Why are we doing this? CivicMakers has been expanding our consulting offerings to nonprofits like Pew Charitable Trust, FUSE Corps, SF Parks Alliance and more. We’ve seen the need for services like human-centered design, community engagement, strategic planning and change management and more, so why not bring together our community to help each other build skills and capacity?
This event is part of our Civic Mornings series, a gathering of the civic tribe in the Bay Area and beyond, at Impact Hub San Francisco. If you are looking to engage with a community of civic professionals thinking big and making real change, look no further! We can’t wait to meet you and hear about your work.
8:30 a.m. — Doors open for coffee and networking
9:00 a.m. — Intro by CivicMakers and our partners, Impact Hub San Francisco
9:15 a.m. — Round 1 speed consulting & networking
9:30 a.m. — Round 2 speed consulting & networking
9:45 a.m. — Round 3 speed consulting & networking
10:00 a.m. — Round 4 speed consulting & networking
10:15 a.m. — Round 5 speed consulting & networking
10:30 a.m. — Wrap up and start your day!